Recyclebank – Kashi – Odwalla
Good News and Bad News
The Bad First.
I’ve been patiently waiting for Publix to put the Kashi Pita Crisps, Kashi Cookies and Kashi Crackers on sale again. The new yellow Publix Advantage Flyer shows them for $2.50 each on sale. So I clicked over toRecyclebank and look for the $2 off any one Kashi item coupon. Well, there it wasn’t. Yes, I said wasn’t. This happened a couple of months ago, and the Kashi coupon turned back up a short time later. So I’m hoping it will reappear when we turn the calendar page to May.
The Good Second.
There are still lots of very good exclusive coupons available at Recyclebank. There is an Odwalla coupon for $1 off any 1 item, and it’s on special for just 40 points today. How long does it take to get the 40 points? About a minute. In fact, when you are visiting the world map to earn points, look for Japan and you’ll earn 35 points just for uploading a photo relating to recycling.
Extreme Savings For A Small Shopping Trip
We didn’t need much of anything from the supermarket this week. The only thing I really wanted to grab while on sale was the new product by Silk – Fruit & Protein beverage. I enjoy trying new “healthy” products, especially when I have awesome coupons.
- 1 Odwalla Organic Carrot Juice, half-gallon (sale $5)
- 8 Vitalicious Egg White/Low Fat Cheese/Whole Grain Breakfast Sandwiches, 2 ct. (clearance $1 ea)
- 2 Silk Protein & Fruit Smoothie Beverages, 1 qt, (sale $2 ea)
- 2 Sundown Vitamin D ($3.29 ea)
- 2 Hershey Mini Chocolates, 15+ oz ea (clearance, Easter candy $3 ea)
- 1 Russell Stover Chocolate Covered Marshmallow Eggs (clearance, Easter candy $0.25 ea)
- 4 Russell Stover Chocolate Covered Coconut Eggs (clearance, Easter candy $0.25 ea)
- 1 $5 off $30 Purchase, Winn-Dixie coupon from Enjoy The City booklet
- 1 $5 off 2 Sundown Vitamins, Publix Green Advantage Flyer
- 1 $1 off Any Dairy Item (Publix Baby Club coupon)
- 2 $1 off 1 Sundown, peelies
- 2 $1.50 off 1 Silk Product, any size (printed)
TOTAL VALUE: $71.97*
TOTAL COUPONS: $16
TOTAL COST: $14.82
TOTAL SAVED: $57.15*, or 80%
- 16 Breakfast Sandwiches + 4 oz organic carrot juice
- 4 Protein & Fruit Beverages (Each container has 32 oz, but I’m counting 16 oz as one meal replacement for a lunch or a light dinner @ about 300 calories and about 10 grams of protein – I’m doing this part from memory.)
*NOTE: Total Value and Total Saved per receipt are quite wrong, because they don’t take in to account the clearance items. They rung up so that they don’t show as sale items with a “you saved” amount listed. So I recalculated using the regular prices for the clearance items to more accurately reflect the Total Value and Total Saved. Vitalicious sandwiches reg. $4.49 ea. Hershey’s reg. $5.99 ea. Easter eggs reg. $1 ea.
Slashed More Than Half of Grocery Bill
56% Off Lots of Good & Healthy Stuff (well there’s 1 M & C)
We are pretty well stocked up at home this week, so this was a smaller shopping trip with the real purpose of picking up roast beef and turkey for deli sandwiches.
- 4 Chock Full of Nuts coffee
- 1 Odwalla Superfood Juice, 64 oz
- 2 Kashi TLC Pita Chips
- Head lettuce
- Bag of grapes, 2+ pounds
- Bunch of bananas, just under 2 pounds
- 1 Stouffer’s Healthy Harvest family size entree
- 2 Voskos Greek yogurt $1.00
- Boar’s Head Top Round roast beef, 1/2+ pound
- 1 Hormel Naturals – Nitrate-Free Smoked Turkey
- 1 Sundown vitamins – A
- 1 Sundown vitamins – D3
Total Value = 67.89
Total Paid = 30.13
Total Saved $37.76 = 56%
Could I have done better? Of course. Had I shopped more like the extreme coupon users seen on TV, I would not have bought the fresher items like lettuce, grapes, bananas, roast beef, turkey and Odwalla. That would have made my total savings 75% (11.37 paid, 44.77 value, 33.40 saved). But, alas, man & woman cannot live on free Sundown Vitamins alone.