Extreme Savings For A Small Shopping Trip
We didn’t need much of anything from the supermarket this week. The only thing I really wanted to grab while on sale was the new product by Silk – Fruit & Protein beverage. I enjoy trying new “healthy” products, especially when I have awesome coupons.
- 1 Odwalla Organic Carrot Juice, half-gallon (sale $5)
- 8 Vitalicious Egg White/Low Fat Cheese/Whole Grain Breakfast Sandwiches, 2 ct. (clearance $1 ea)
- 2 Silk Protein & Fruit Smoothie Beverages, 1 qt, (sale $2 ea)
- 2 Sundown Vitamin D ($3.29 ea)
- 2 Hershey Mini Chocolates, 15+ oz ea (clearance, Easter candy $3 ea)
- 1 Russell Stover Chocolate Covered Marshmallow Eggs (clearance, Easter candy $0.25 ea)
- 4 Russell Stover Chocolate Covered Coconut Eggs (clearance, Easter candy $0.25 ea)
- 1 $5 off $30 Purchase, Winn-Dixie coupon from Enjoy The City booklet
- 1 $5 off 2 Sundown Vitamins, Publix Green Advantage Flyer
- 1 $1 off Any Dairy Item (Publix Baby Club coupon)
- 2 $1 off 1 Sundown, peelies
- 2 $1.50 off 1 Silk Product, any size (printed)
TOTAL VALUE: $71.97*
TOTAL COUPONS: $16
TOTAL COST: $14.82
TOTAL SAVED: $57.15*, or 80%
- 16 Breakfast Sandwiches + 4 oz organic carrot juice
- 4 Protein & Fruit Beverages (Each container has 32 oz, but I’m counting 16 oz as one meal replacement for a lunch or a light dinner @ about 300 calories and about 10 grams of protein – I’m doing this part from memory.)
*NOTE: Total Value and Total Saved per receipt are quite wrong, because they don’t take in to account the clearance items. They rung up so that they don’t show as sale items with a “you saved” amount listed. So I recalculated using the regular prices for the clearance items to more accurately reflect the Total Value and Total Saved. Vitalicious sandwiches reg. $4.49 ea. Hershey’s reg. $5.99 ea. Easter eggs reg. $1 ea.
There is one day left to the current Publix Yellow Advantage flyer (exp. 1/27/12).
These are the MoneyMakers that I had so much fun with for the past few weeks:
Nature’s Bounty Vitamins & Supplements – Publix Coupon $5 off 1
- Buy the Magnesium/Calcium/Zinc for $5.19
- Use the $1 off 1 manufacturer coupon from SmartSource insert of 1/1/12
- Bottom Line: $0.81 MoneyMaker each
Sundown Vitamins & Supplements – Publix Coupon $5 off 2
- Buy the B6 for $3.59 (or Folic Acid for $3.79)
- Use the $2 off 1 (120 count or more) manufacturer coupon Red Plum insert of 1/1/12
- Bottom Line: $1.82 MoneyMaker on every two purchased
- (You can also use the $1 off 1 coupon from same insert and buy the Vitamin A for $2.99 – $3.29 and still have overage.)
Gas-X – Publix Coupon $5 off 2
- Buy the 10 count box for $2.49
- Use the $1.50 off manufacturer coupon
- Bottom Line: $3.02 MoneyMaker on every two boxes purchased
UP2U Gum by Mentos – Single Packages
- Buy 1 for $0.99
- Use the $1 off manufacturer coupon
- Bottom Line: $0.01 MoneyMaker each (not much, but still gives you a free product and another penny for your pocket).
How Fun! Saving 100% at Publix.
I knew that I had lots of high value coupons today. But I never pre-tax total to be minus 82¢. My plan was to use up some of my favorite coupons that were expiring 10/31/11. Funny thing is I had in my pocket 4 Winn-Dixie coupons that I didn’t even get to use for $5 off $30 from a charity drive booklet I purchased). They are good until the end of 2012. I’m sure they won’t live to see 2012, though.
From My Publix Register Receipt Today:
“Your Savings at Publix $206.72”
Order Total -$0.82
Sales Tax $5.20
Grand Total $4.38
My sales receipt was over 2 feet long.
- 1 Gallon Publix Organic Milk (no coupon)
- 1 Kraft Big Slices Swiss Cheese. (50¢ printable)
- 1/2 Pound Boar’s Head EverRoast Chicken Breast from Deli ($1 off Publix coupon)
- 2 Arnold’s Sandwich Rounds (BOGO, no coupons)
- 1 Pkg. Publix Split Chicken Breasts (no coupons)
- 2 Boxes Publix Raisins (no coupons)
- 2 Boxes Frozen Mussels (BOGO, no coupons)
- 2 Half Gallons Tropicana Light Lemonade (BOGO, no coupons)
- 2 Boxes Wheat Thins (2 printable mfr, 2 Publix coupons)
- 2 Giant-Sized Bags of Kit Kats, 22 oz each. (BOGO, 1 printable Target printables)
- 6 Sundown Vitamin Supplements (6 Publix coupons, 6 mfr coupons)
- 3 Crest Toothpastes (3 mfr coupons, 3 Publix coupons)
- 3 Oral-B Toothbrushes (2 mfr coupons, 3 Publix coupons)
- 2 64 oz. Apple and Eve Juices (2 mfr coupons)
- 2 12-Double Roll Angel Soft Toilet Tissue (2 mfr coupons, 2 Target printables)
- 2 Hefty Zipper Freezer Bags (BOGO, 1 mfr coupon)
- 24 Cover Girl Cosmetics (12 mfr coupons, 12 Target coupons)
- 2 Boxes Publix Baby Wipes, 80 ct. (1 Publix coupon)
Printable Coupon Link & Details HERE at Our Sister Site
Use your coupon at Publix or anywhere. Combine with Publix coupon for great deal.
Go Get It – HERE
Extreme Savings – No Shelf Clearing – Far From It
I went mini-stockpiling yesterdy at Publix and did quite well, me thinks (and we don’t even have double coupons in Florida).
These are the items for pantry:
- 4 Kashi TLC Pita Crisps, $1 each (already had 2 at home)
- 8 Fiber One Cereal, variety, 12.5 cents each (already had 4 other cereals at home)
- 6 Frozen Gardens Litse vegetable souffle, variety, $1 each
- 1 Stouffer’s Healthy Harvest Mac & Cheese, family size, 92 cents each (had several at home)
- 10 Ragu Pasta Sauce, 1.03 each (had 5 jars at home – other brands)
- 5 Mueller’s pasta, variety, All Free
- 6 Snackwell’s snacks, cookies, popcorn, variety 84.5 cents each
ALL For $15.02
Plus, while picking up a prescrip at Publix, I bought:
- 12 Sundown Vitamins, 120+ ea bottle, variety, $1.75 each
ALL FOR $21.38
I bought a bunch of other goodies that get used up quickly like organics, juices, produce dairy, deli, bakery, etc. Unfortunately, I haven’t figured out how to safely and efficiently stockpile those items so that they are still tasty later.
All in all, the merchandise’s value is $267.30 and I paid $90.01 = 66% savings.
Lots of yummy stuff. Mmmmmmmmm.
Share your stockpiling and your extreme savings with us here. I’m happy to share any details about the coupons used here in this mini extreme couponing adventure.